5/22/2013

Pork chops and artichokes.

Guess what, y'all- artichokes are in season!  I know this because they are now available in a four pack at Costco.  This makes me a happy girl because single artichokes at the regular grocery store cost something ridiculous, like 2 for $5.

Yesterday I pulled some pork chops out of the freezer before I headed out the door for work.  When I got home they were ready to be pan fried and smothered with onions.  It takes an hour to cook an artichoke in the oven, so I prepped a Garlic Roasted Artichoke and popped it in the oven before doing anything else.  After the artichoke had roasted for 40 minutes, I put some olive oil in a pan and prepared two Ranch Pork Chops.  When they were cooked all the way through I set them on a towel to drain, and sauteed some onions in the leftover olive oil.


The awesome boyfriend does not really care for artichokes (more for me!) so he microwaved a bag of creamy frozen spinach to go alongside his pork chop.  This made for a super easy and very tasty dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment