4/25/2013

Cheese Steak Pizza

Some of you will remember my post about the almost religious experience I had discovering Steak-Umms a last year.  I've been trying to choose unprocessed meats as much as possible lately, but I do still have a box of them in the freezer at my office for emergencies.  By emergency I mean, of course, that I was too lazy to make time to go to the grocery store.  

Yesterday I woke up and realized I did not have any food so I threw a bunch of stuff into a grocery bag and hoped for the best.  I ended up with half of a green bell pepper, a couple slices of cheese, a flax pita, and some other odds and ends.  I cooked the Steak-Umms and peppers in a pan, then layered the whole thing over the pita and cooked it in the toaster oven for a few minutes.  


The results were good, for a last minute work lunch.  The gourmet Tortilla Pizzas that I make at home are better, and I wish that I had though to add some pizza sauce to the mix, but this was a perfect meal in a pinch.  I love how versatile and easy to work with the Steak-Umms are.  They are a great product to keep on hand because they make a good last minute addition to lots of dishes.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment