9/30/2012

Steak-umms are good.

image via

I think that I've mentioned this before but in case you just started reading I'll say it again.  I love the grocery store.  I love to squeeze the tomatoes, smell the melons, and ogle the seafood.  Usually I'm stopping in on my way home from work so I try to restrain myself from spending too much time, but occasionally I still wander around and look for new low carb awesomeness.






A couple of days ago I was having one of those wandering moments and my travels took me to the frozen food aisle where I discovered Steak-umms.  Now, I'm told by several people that I am out of touch and that Steak-umms have been around forever and are not that big of a deal.  I don't know how I am just now finding this wonder food, but I'm glad that I did.


A box of Steak-umms is around $3.00 and has 6 servings of meat, which is a steal if you ask me.  The steak comes out in pre sliced sheets and you can cook it in a frying pan with a little olive oil for a minute or so.  I have been using it to top salads and add to my egg scrambles in the mornings.  I've also been thinking that I might be able to use the meat to make a mean Philly style stuffed pepper (stay tuned).  


At my office we do not have a full kitchen but we do have a hot plate and a couple of frying pans and pots.  I've gotten quite accustomed to using those two little burners to whip up some above average work lunches. So far I haven't branched out much beyond steak salads and steak and egg scrambles, but I'll be keeping you all updated on new developments!

Check out this delicious and low carb Steak-umms and goat cheese salad.  
Do you have any awesome Steak-umms recipes to share?   If so please leave them in the comments field below or email them to me at lifelovelowcarb@gmail.com.  I'll be happy to give them a try and post the results!

1 comment:

  1. SteakUmms are soooo good! My dad used to make philly cheese steak sandwiches with them growing up. So good! They might be good in a cheese dip with veggies to dip.

    ReplyDelete