9/23/2012

Food Journal Sunday, September 23

Weird day today.  Awesome boyfriend had to go to Richmond for work on a Sunday, which I did not like.  I slept in dreadfully late, and met a girlfriend for lunch at Red Robin around 2:00.  The portions there are enormous!  I would have to be really hungry to eat that much in one sitting.

image via
We had some really good spinach dip that I ate with celery sticks and a fork.

I also had a bloody Mary that was spicy and delicious.

This was the kicker, and the reason I will absolutely be returning to this location.  Many years ago there was a menu item at Red Robin called Burger 'n Greens that was a cheeseburger on top of a salad with sauteed onions and mushrooms.  I told the waitress that I was sad it was no longer available, and they made it for me!  I'm not sure if it was the exact same salad or not, but it was burger on lettuce with sauteed veggies so I was happy.

I took half of the burger salad home and ate it for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment