9/03/2012

Work Out Monday, September 3

The lat raise is a pretty simple
motion.  Add more weight as
you feel comfortable.
image via
"Shrink a Size in 14 Days" - Day 14

Strength Training
Plie with Biceps Curl: 3 sets of 10 with 7.5 lb weights
Forward Lunge and Raise the Roof: 20 each side with 3 lb weights
Squat with Straight Arm Press Back: 3 sets of 10 with 3 lb weights
Tip It Over: 2 sets 10 on each side
Curtsy Lat Raise: 3 sets of 10 on each side with 7.5 lb weights

Cardio
power walk:
1.18 total miles
3.0 mph
incline level 4.0

Assessment
I am so glad to be done with this work out plan.  I got really bored of doing the same thing over and over again for so many days in a row.  I have learned a valuable lesson about myself and that is that I need more variety than this.

Another issue that I am dealing with is that it is just not possible for me to get to the gym 6 days a week right now.  I'm spending 6 hours a week in class plus another 10 or so worth of study time and that has to come first.  The next plan that I evaluate will be one that is for people like me who can only get to the gym 3-4 days a week.

Now, on to the benefits.  My arms look great!  I've never spent a lot of time lifting free weights but you can call me converted.  My shoulder/bicep area looks more defined and tight shirts are a little looser.  Also, I lost 3 pounds during the course of this workout, which would be an okay loss for a true 14 day period.

Minus factors for Shrink a Size in 14 Days: time commitment is too much for some folks, doing the same workout day after day gets pretty boring, I did not see a loss in my waistline.

On the whole I would recommend this exercise plan to anyone who is dedicated to getting to the gym on a daily basis.  It's also a great plan for beginners who aren't really sure what to do at the gym.  Not for me, but would be a great plan for some.


No comments:

Post a Comment