4 oz cream cheese
8 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
1 packet taco seasoning
1 lb ground beef
1- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
1/4 C tomato sauce
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Warm cream cheese in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Add cream cheese, eggs, and 1/3 packet of taco seasoning to a large bowl and beat until smooth with an electric hand mixer.
- Coat the inside of a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle shredded Parmesan over the bottom of the baking dish and press down gently with fingertips.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into baking dish over top of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cream cheese mixture has browned lightly on top and around edges.
- While crust is baking, heat a large frying pan over medium high and add ground beef.
- Cook beef until no more red is visible then drain. Return beef to frying pan and reduce heat to low.
- Add remaining 2/3 packet of taco seasoning, chopped green chilies (do not drain), and tomato sauce. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Remove crust from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before adding ground beef.
- Spread ground beef over cream cheese crust in glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over ground beef.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cheese should be bubbling and lightly toasted when done. Serve hot.
- I used a 2 quart baking dish for this recipe, and it was really full. I think if you want to use a bigger one that would be fine, but not smaller.
- This is good topped with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, or whatever other taco toppings you enjoy.
- This recipe makes several servings. When I make it the awesome boyfriend and I can usually make about 3 meals out of it.
|The Parmesan cheese is going to brown and form a nice crust for your|
taco bake. Don't worry about it being perfect; just press it down the
best you can to make a foundation for the cream cheese mixture.
|You can see that the crust has browned around the edges.|
|Taco bake and roasted artichoke. So good I couldn't finish it.|