2/08/2013

Ranchy Pot Roast

Different permutations of this recipe have been circulating on Pinterest lately, so I cannot take complete credit for inventing it.  I tried a couple of different versions and tweaked things until I found the one that I thought was the tastiest.  The awesome boyfriend and I practically inhaled this roast the first time I made it.  I also made it for my family in North Carolina, along with some Roasted Fall Veggies, and everybody really liked it.  



Ingredients
1- 3 pound boneless chuck roast
1 packet of Ranch seasoning
1 packet of dry onion soup mix
1/2 stick of butter
1 C sliced banana peppers

Directions
  1. Place roast in the bottom of the crock pot.  
  2. Sprinkle entire packet of ranch seasoning over roast.  
  3. Sprinkle entire packet of dry onion soup mix over roast.  
  4. Place half stick of butter directly on top of roast and seasoning mixes.  
  5. Place banana peppers on top of roast.  
  6. Cook on low for 6 hours.  
Notes
  • This is an easy recipe to double for a crowd.  Just add another roast to the crock pot and do your best to sprinkle the seasonings over all of the meat.  
  • I like to serve this with a side of Cauliflower Mash.  If you do that you can use some of the drippings from the crock pot as gravy.  






















  

























































































No comments:

Post a Comment