2/14/2013

Work Lunch: Freezer Edition

I wish I could blame a lack of packing lunch on being busy but really I just have a hard time getting up in the mornings.  Usually I can get some eggs and low carb pita bread into a bag at the very minimum but I do have some things stashed in my work freezer for emergencies.  


This morning I was able to get nothing packed because I was running super late but I had everything for this lunch tucked away at my office.  Cranberries are easy to freeze and also easy to cook straight out of the freezer.  Just toss them in a pan with some butter and Splenda and they'll defrost and cook down.  Frozen peas are not my favorite but they'll do in a pinch.  I just heat them up in a pan with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.

These meatballs are amazing.  They are in the freezer section at my grocery store and a box is around 2 dollars.  They have approximately one carb each and 5 is enough to fill me up.  You can take them straight out of the freezer and heat them in the microwave for a couple of minutes and you have a low carb protein for any meal.  I like to top them with a little steak sauce.  

As always, serve with a side of magazines and Crystal Light.  Not eating lunch out has saved me hundreds of dollars in the past 6 months.  I'll still go out for a birthday or maybe on a slow Friday but I would say that I eat out during the work week 2 times a month or less.  My bank account is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment