8/29/2012

Work Out Wednesday, August 29

Breast Stroke: This move is harder than it looks.
You might see it in a Pilates class.
image via
"Shrink a Size in 14 Days" - Day 13

Strength Training
Hip Drop: 2 sets of 10 on each side
Beach Ball Hug: 3 sets of 10 with 7.5 lb weights
(instead of extending one leg at a time, I am extending both legs each time I lift the weights: way harder)
Full Body Roll Up: 3 sets of 10 with 8 lb medicine ball
Breast Stroke: 3 sets of 10
Read the Paper: 3 sets of 10 on each side with 3 lb weights

Cardio
30 minute speed ladder
1.14 total miles
incline level 3.0
speeds ranging 1.8-5.0 mph

Assessment
Amazingly, I've lost another pound with this exercise plan even though I am not doing it every day like you are supposed to.

I think I mentioned that grad school is back in swing and currently sucking up a lot of my gym time.  It's interesting how not going to the gym every day has affected my overall strength and energy level.  I still feel strong when doing certain exercises, but am struggling with others.  During the hip drop, I barely got through 2 sets of 10 instead of my usual 3 or 4 sets of 10.  Am I losing core strength this quickly?  I felt good during the beach ball hug, which means that the strength I am building in my shoulders and biceps must have more staying power.  It's possible that the solution to this is to do some abdominal type exercises at home even on days that I can't get to the gym.  Stay tuned for an update on this.

In other news, this was clearly the wrong workout for me to choose.  Getting to the gym 6 days a week just isn't realistic for me right now.  After day 14, I'm going to look around and try to find something geared towards people who exercise 3-4 times a week in stead.

No comments:

Post a Comment