8/27/2012

Grad school is hard.

image via
Fall is my favorite time of year for many reasons- football, Halloween, my birthday, my anniversary with awesome boyfriend, the state fair, and did I mention football?

In case that wasn't enough there are also leggings with long sweaters, boots, zip up hoodies, leather jackets, orange accessories, scarves, long sleeve T shirts, and cute sweatpants (holla).

Fall food includes some of my favorite eats- oysters, shrimp boils, Thanksgiving, a zillion things in the crock pot, pumpkin everything, and tailgate burgers.    

image via



With so many of my favorite things approaching in the foreseeable future it's hard to imagine stress even being a factor, but it is.  Welcome to business school.  This semester I'm taking accounting and finance.  I just started last week and I'm already feeling bogged down.  (Read chapters 1-3 and answer the homework questions for next week's class- what is that about?)  I'm going to try my hardest to keep posting on a regular schedule, but I'm not making promises.





What you may see, is more of this:  A reader forwarded this article from Cracked.com to me and I thought it was interesting and relevant: "The 5 Most Ridiculous Drinking Myths You Probably Believe."  What is going to be most pertinent for you all is Myth # 5- Beer gives you a gut.  The article goes on to explain that drinking beer does contribute to your overall calorie and carb intake for a day and excessive calories will cause you to gain weight, but that the alcohol consumed within moderation isn't necessarily the culprit.

Abdominal weight gain is genetic, so for you lucky folks out there (like me) that carry around the ever present tummy pooch, it's partly caused by bad genes.  Does this mean that it's impossible for you to have a flat stomach?  Absolutely not!  But it does mean that you might have to do a few more sit ups than someone who's mother and father are on the lankier side.

image via
I've been collecting and reading lots of articles related to fitness, nutrition, and weight loss in general that I'm going to try to share when I don't have time to write something more poignant.  If you have read something of interest please feel free to pass it along to lifelovelowcarb@gmail.com or leave it in the comments field below.  Happy chewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment