8/01/2012

Work Out Wednesday, August 1

Holy cow, I did not do a good job of getting to the gym last week.  I got majorly sidetracked by wine weekend and the fact that awesome boyfriend is out of town on business this week.  When he's not here my motivation to go to the gym is much harder to come by.  Anyway, back to Prevention Magazine's "Shrink A Size in 14 Days".  I'm starting over at Day 1 since I've been on a week long break and am way over the 14 day mark.  Once again, if you have questions or want more details about these exercises, click the link to Prevention for more info and instructions with pictures.

Beach Ball Hug
image via
Strength Training
Hip Drop: 10 on each side
Beach Ball Hug: 2 sets of 12 on each side with 3 lb weights
Full Body Roll Up: 3 sets of 10 with 4 lb medicine ball
Breast Stroke: 3 sets of 10
Read the Paper: 2 sets of 10 on each side with 3 lb weights

Cardio
Speed Ladder: 30 minute walk/jog on treadmill
speeds ranging from 2.8 mph for moderate walk to 5 mph for jog

Assessment
I feel good after this work out.  I'm still not sure that I'm doing the Hip Drop correctly because it mostly feels awkward but that could just be my body getting used to using those muscles.  When doing the Full Body Roll Up I felt like it wasn't working for the first 10.  On the second and third sets I slowed down and really concentrated on using my abdominal muscles to lift my body and the ball.  By the end of the third set I was hurting, so I must have corrected my form as I went along.

Still thinking about doing the 14 Day Shrink with me?  Now's a good time to start.  You can do these exercises at the gym or at home, which makes this a good one for people who are self conscious about working out in front of people.  Please continue to send your questions and updates to lifelovelowcarb@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment