|This is a little bit more done than I would have liked, but it was still delicious. Next time I'll cut down the cooking time.|
1 lb flank steak
1/4 C balsamic vinaigrette dressing
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Combine balsamic dressing, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and garlic in a bowl and whisk to an even consistency.
- Add steak and balsamic mixture to a large Ziploc bag and close.
- Turn/massage to coat steak and allow to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- While steak is marinating, preheat broiler to high.
- After 30 minutes, remove steak from bag and add to a cooking sheet or baking dish.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove steak from oven and tent with foil. Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut steak against the grain into thin strips and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- When you are looking for the steak it will either say flank steak or london broil. Sometimes butchers label the meat by the cooking method, hence my earlier confusion.
- Make sure to check the nutrition stats on your dressing! I use this kind by Marzetti, but any kind will do as long as there aren't added sugars/carbs.
|You can see that this one pound steak was only $6.65, which isn't bad for|
a meal to feed both awesome boyfriend and myself.
|Marinade ready to go into the bag.|
|Steak is coated in marinade.|
|"Tent with foil" just means cover and leave a little room for air to escape.|