8/28/2012

Work Out Tuesday, August 28

"Shrink A Size in 14 Days" - Day 12
forward lunge
image via

Strength Training
Plie with Biceps Curl: 3 sets of 10 with 7.5 lb weights
Forward Lunge and Raise the Roof: 3 sets of 10 on each side with 3 lb weights
Squat with Straight Arm Press Back: 3 sets of 10 with 3 lb weights
Tip it Over: 3 sets of 10 on each side
Curtsy Lat Raise: 3 sets of 10 on each side with 7.5 lb weight

Cardio
power walk:
5 minute warm up, 20 minute power walk, 5 minute cool down
1.38 total miles
incline level 3.0
speeds 1.8-3.0 mph

Assessment
At this point I think we can declare this experiment invalid because I am way over the 14 day mark.  Also, I have become extremely bored with these exercises.  That being said, they are valuable exercises that anyone can do, and they have greatly increased my strength.  Also, I've been surprised at the level of cardiovascular exercise that I've been able to get from a power walk.

I'll definitely keep doing these in the future and adding heavier weights and steeper inclines on the treadmill, but I need to break them up with some other activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment