8/19/2012

Work Out Sunday, August 19

I had a question about what a flutter kick looks like.  This
gives a good explanation.  Click on the image to enlarge.
image via
"Shrink a Size in 14 Days" - Day 11

Strength Training
Hip Drop: 3 sets of 10 on each side
Beach Ball Hug: 3 sets of 10 on each side with 7.5 lb weights
add 20 flutter kicks in between each set
Full Body Roll Up: 3 sets of 10 w 8 lb medicine ball
Breast Stroke: 3 sets of 10
Read the Paper: 3 sets of 10 with 3 lb weights

Cardio
Speed Ladder:
1.34 total miles
speeds ranging from 1.8-5.0 mph
no incline
30 total minutes

Assessment
I am getting really bored with this work out.  And, I am way over the 14 days that you are supposed to spend, so I don't feel like I can make an accurate assessment of whether it works or not.  On a good week, I get to the gym 6 days.  On a bad week, I get to the gym 3 days.  I feel stronger and like I have more energy and I'm sure that it is due to this work out plan.  But, I definitely have not shrunk a size.  After I'm done with this I'm going to search for something that allows for a little bit more variety.  I am encouraged by how much my weight lifting has improved, and I will continue with the strength training, so that is a positive outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment