8/23/2012

Food Journal Thursday, August 23

Breakfast
so good
image via
2 scoops of protein in water

Lunch
hot flax cereal

Snack
1/2 C sunflower seeds in shell
crispy Chicken patty from Wendy's wrapped in lettuce, tomato, mayo**

Dinner
salad from Subway:
spinach, turkey, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, banana peppers, green bell peppers, red onions
Coke Zero

Water
4 solo cups at work + protein in water at breakfast + water before bed = 86 ounces

Exercise
none today- class from 6-9 PM after work

Supplements
green tea extract
caffeine
fiber
Glutamine
multivitamin
fish oil

Who even needs the bread?  The fried
chicken, lettuce, and mayo totally
quenched my fast food craving
all on their own.
image via
** I was looking over some nutritional stats at a few fast food restaurants and I noticed that lots of places are including stats not only for sandwiches and salads, but also for the component pieces of these items, which is awesome!  If you click here and scroll to page 6, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I was very excited to see that a crispy chicken patty from Wendy's has 200 calories, 12 net carbs and 11 grams of protein, which makes it an okay choice, as far as meals on the run go.  It's not often that I get a craving for something breaded and fried, but when I do this will be my new go to.  Order the crispy chicken sandwich, make sure to get some extra lettuce, and toss the bread.  Steer clear of the home style and spicy chicken filets which pack a few extra carbs.












No comments:

Post a Comment