8/07/2012

Work Out Tuesday, August 7

"Shrink a Size in 14 Days" - Day 6

Strength Training
Plie with Biceps Curl: 3 sets of 15 with 7.5 lb weights
Forward Lunge and Raise the Roof: 3 sets of 10 on each side with 5 lb weights
Squat with Straight Arm Pressback: 3 sets of 10 with 3 lb weights
Tip It Over
image via
Tip it Over: 3 sets of 10 on each side, no chair first set
Curtsy Lat Raise: 2 sets of 10 on each side with 7.5 lb weight

Cardio
Power Walk:
5 minute warm up
20 minute power walk
5 minute cool down
1.27 total miles with incline at level 2.0, speeds 1.8-3.0 mph

Assessment
Holy improvement, batman!  I cannot believe I have more than doubled my weights in less than a week.  I started out doing the curls and lat raises with 3 lb weights and now I'm using 7.5 pounds.  Soon I'll be graduating to the big girl 10 pound free weights and then I'll really have something to talk about.  I can feel my form getting better on my squats every day.  Day 1, it's hard to get your butt as low as it should be.  Day 6, squats are looking better.  I still have some work to do on those but it's nice to see some improvement.  I've been trying to do Tip It Over without the chair for support and I have finally had success (kind of)!  I was able to do it without the chair for one set, but I got too tired towards the end.  In other news, my lower back is sore.  Making a mental note to do a better job stretching tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment