8/21/2012

You have to read this.

I was so moved by this weight loss guide that I felt compelled to share it with you all.  It's a little long, but well worth the read.  It would be a great place to start if you want to change your eating habits but aren't sure how or are confused about where to begin.

Highlights include:

  • why low fat diets will leave you feeling hungry
  • why calorie counting alone may not be enough
  • a breakdown of starchy vs. non starchy vegetables, and how our bodies process them differently
  • why you need to be eating lots of fiber
  • how to increase your lean muscle mass/why protein is so important
  • what are healthy fats, and why do you need them?
  • how to manage gluten
  • how to control your cravings
  • how supplements can help
Seriously, I cannot say enough good things about the genius that is on these pages.  It even has a printable chart at the back that you can use to start tracking what you put into your body and how it makes you feel.

My favorite part is this modified food pyramid, which is a toast to meat, veggies, and supplements.

image via

As a side note, I do work out at Lifetime Fitness and I love it.  If you're looking for a gym and you have one in your area I recommend you stop by and take a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment