4/19/2012

Successes and Struggles: Week 2

Successes:

  1. Still staying full during work and after.  Awesome boyfriend doesn't get home until around 7:00 or 7:30 so staying full is important if we want to eat dinner together.  
  2. I bought several boxes of decaf tea at the grocery store and am loving being able to have something hot to drink during the day.  Also, tea has tons of antioxidants.  I'm doing some research on other health benefits of different teas and will be reporting on that soon.  
  3. Awesome boyfriend and I haven't had any alcohol since we started back into the regimen and we have both found the transition very easy.  We spent some time outside at a park on  Sunday instead and were surprised at how good we felt.  
  4. Guitar lessons are going well.  Staying busy in the afternoon has helped ease after work snack withdrawal.  
Struggles:

  1. I love having such a wide variety of sweets available but I wonder if it might be too easy to fall off the wagon.  I'm always tempted to have four peanut butter cookies even though I know I'm only supposed to have one.  
  2. I am getting tired of prepping so much stuff every evening.  I really have to get this figured out.  Tonight I got out of class and got home around 8:30 and I still had to eat dinner and get all of our food ready for tomorrow!  
  3. I'm thinking about adding some more supplements to my diet but the wide array of things available is quite confusing.  It's hard to tell what is actually going to benefit my progress and what isn't going to live up to the hype.  I'm looking into a GLA/CLA combo, but still having trouble understanding exactly what it's all about.  
  4. Mashed turnips were terrible!  I've actually never eaten a turnip before, but I had high hopes because they get mashed with butter and sour cream and what could be bad about that?  A turnip tastes like a cross between a potato and an onion.  I put a lot of effort into boiling and mashing those darn turnips, and we both dumped them straight in the trash.  Can't win 'em all I guess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment