5/17/2012

Marzetti Roasted Garlic Italian Vinaigrette

This dressing rocks.  It is literally good on everything.  Normally I use it on salad, but it's also great as a marinade for steaks, chicken, or veggies.  At my grocery store they don't keep it in the salad dressing aisle with the regular dressings.  They keep it in a special spot by the produce with a few other choice dressings.  At around $4.00 it's a little bit more than a bottle of Hidden Valley or Newman's Own, but you will use it so much that it's worth it.

Some mornings, I put some chicken breasts in a bowl and throw this over top, and they are ready to go on the grill when I get home from work. It has just 2 carbs per 2 Tablespoons.  Most of my salads consist of 1-2 C of veggies and 2 Tbsp of this dressing is more than enough.  I have the best salad results when I add everything to a gallon Ziploc bag and shake.  I also like to use this dressing as a dip for raw veggies.  You can stir it up with some sour cream and have instant roasted garlic Italian veggie dip.  Add some pepper if you want an extra kick.

All of the Marzetti dressings are great, and a lot fit into a low carb diet, but this one is my favorite.



No comments:

Post a Comment