5/02/2012

Successes and Struggles: Week 4

Successes:


  1. Awesome boyfriend and I both lost a couple of inches last week.  Progress is amazing.  
  2. I've been popping out of bed like a toaster lately.  I think this is from cutting out alcohol and caffeine and generally maintaining a better diet.  
  3. I'm working on a list of quick and easy recipes.  Next semester I'll be at school more night so these are going to be really necessary. 
  4. I've never consumed so much water in my life!  I drink it all day every day.  I've noticed an improvement in my skin, especially my nail beds, and my overall level of hydration.  
  5. A sports bar with awesome soul food just opened across the street from my job.  Hello ribs, baked chicken, broiled fish, collard greens, green beans, fatty ribeye steaks, and chicken wings.  
Struggles:

  1. I just made a reservation for awesome boyfriend and I to go on a haunted brewery tour in Annapolis on May 19.  We are stoked, but this will be our first cheat day since we started back up at the beginning of April.  I always have mixed feelings about cheat days because there is no such thing as moderation for me when it comes to bread.  Doing low carb at a brewery would be a fruitless effort since most of the beers are so carb heavy.  I always say not to let your diet get in the way of your life, so I guess I'll be putting my money where my mouth is.  I'll make a plan to take a day off and get right back on the next day.  
  2. I'm getting a little bit bored of not going out.  Some of my girlfriends invited me to a birthday party at a club but I declined.  I don't know how much fun I would have if everyone else is drinking.  I think that soon I'll be ready to go to events and have one or two carb free cocktails, but I just wasn't ready to face the temptation that night.  
  3. I wish I had more time to post on the blog!  I have all these ideas about supplements, cheating, individual food products, power foods, etc that I want to share with you all and I just can't do it right now.  I feel like good ideas are slipping away from me some days.  The semester is over in two weeks and I'll break for the summer.  I'm hoping to get more content live at that time.  
  4. A sports bar with awesome soul food just opened across the street from my job.  Hello fried chicken, mac and cheese, mashed sweet potatoes, fried fish nuggets, pulled pork sandwiches, and beer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment