5/24/2012

Successes and Struggles: Week 7

Successes:

  1. Pants are feeling looser.  Can't wait to get to a point where I can buy some new ones.  
  2. We successfully navigated the Bar Crawl in Annapolis.  I was nervous about this event because alcohol always makes me want to eat things like pizza and Waffle House.  I drank only tequila over ice with lime juice.  Awesome boyfriend did also did well, sticking to whiskeys and low carb beers.  
  3. I've been clipping lots of tasty looking recipes out of my foodie magazines for inspiration.  I can't wait to develop low carb versions of all of them.  
  4. Over 1,000 people visited this blog last month!  Can you believe that it?  I've received several emails with positive feedback on recipes and words of encouragement.  I started writing these articles for myself and my loved ones, but this has really pushed me in a different direction.  I'm not sure exactly what the future looks like, but it will definitely include more recipes and survival guides.  
  5. Still feeling good.  I have so much energy.  No more struggling to keep my eyes open in the afternoon at work.  
Struggles:

  1. I'm not losing as fast as I want to.  It's almost summer!  There are a few things that could be causing this.  When we lived in North Carolina, awesome boyfriend and I used to hit the gym 4-5 nights a week and this caused us to lose very quickly.  We haven't been doing that here in Maryland, but we probably need to.  
  2. Memorial weekend is coming up and that means cook outs.  I'm going to come armed with Atkins Bread for cheeseburgers, but there's not a lot that can be done about side dishes.  
  3. Summer brings with it lots of beach time, parties, days at the pool, weekends away, etc and these are all opportunities to ingest a lot more alcohol.  I seem to be having a hard time finding a balance.  Just last weekend I had a girly night out on Friday and the bar crawl in Annapolis on Saturday.  This weekend includes Memorial day which is filled with boozy activities.  Even a couple of drinks is enough to stall a metabolism and I'm worried that we have thrown away last week and will throw away next week as well.  It's not a total loss as long as we are not gaining, but we could be doing better.  
  4. I keep having these cravings for a cheeseburger and french fries.  Weird.  
  5. We are going to North Carolina this weekend and are NOT eligible for any cheat meals because we just had one last weekend.  Things should go more smoothly because awesome boyfriend is traveling with me this time, but I'm still nervous I'll cave in front of a huge plate of fried pickles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment