about 1 pound of broccoli, maybe 1 or 2 bunches
2 Tbps lemon flavored cooking oil
1 yellow onion
4 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
- Chop broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet over medium high.
- While oil is heating, slice onion. Add onion to skillet and saute onions until they soften.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper to onions. Stir with a spatula and cook about one minute.
- Once garlic is fragrant, add broccoli and 1 C water to skillet and increase temperature to high.
- Use a lemon zester to zest one lemon directly into skillet. Incorporate all ingredients with spatula.
- Once water is boiling, reduce heat to low and cover skillet with lid or foil.
- Cook 8-10 minutes, or until broccoli has reached desired tenderness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with lemon wedges.
|I love this lemon flavored oil from Tastefully Simple.|
|After adding water and lemon zest, I had to move the whole mixture to a|
large soup pot. Make sure your skillet is deep enough to hold everything,
or you can just do the whole recipe in a soup pot.
|My aunt gave me this awesome large nonstick pot with a lid for|
Christmas one year and I love it.
|Excellent with Roasted Italian Lemon Chicken|