2 chicken cutlets
1/2 of one medium sized yellow onion
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
1- 4 oz can diced green chilies
2 Tbsp low carb BBQ sauce
1 C shredded cheese blend
1/2 C chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high. Add 1 Tbsp butter.
- While butter is melting, cut onion into bite size pieces.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to glass baking dish.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until soft, about 6 minutes.
- While onion is cooking, sprinkle 1/2 of the chili powder on one side of chicken, flip over and sprinkle remaining chili powder.
- Drain liquid away from onion with a colander and then layer onion on top of chicken in baking dish.
- Layer bacon on top of chicken in baking dish.
- Drain chopped green chilies in a colander and then layer on top of onions.
- Layer BBQ sauce on top of chilies.
- Top entire contents of baking dish with cheese, and add tomatoes to top.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- This recipe was born out of lots of leftovers in the fridge. If you want to sub in peppers, or use a different kind of onion, or skip the tomatoes, go right ahead. Find a combination that you like.
|I love chopped green chilies. I've started keeping them on hand|
because I find myself adding them to all sorts of things.
|Best low carb BBQ sauce? Stubb's.|