7/26/2012

Food Journal Thursday, July 26

image via
Breakfast
hot flax cereal
coffee with 1 Tbsp heavy cream

Lunch
Chicken Club Salad from Jason's Deli: grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, cheese, bacon, mixed greens, ranch dressing
image via

Snack
1 Babybel cheese round
2 beers (happy hour with awesome boyfriend): Purple Haze by Abita Brewing Company

Dinner
4 small slices pot roast*
scoop of onions
scoop of carrots

Last night after we ate the terrible roast from the crock pot, I put the remainder in the fridge.  Today I put it back on and let it cook for an additional 4 hours and it was actually pretty good!  This leads me to believe that the problem was definitely cook time and that you just can't cook a roast in 4 hours, even a small one.  Even with the improvement, the roast wasn't good enough for me to feel compelled to share the recipe with you all, but there is a silver lining.  Pot roasts were on sale at the grocery store 50% off, so I bought 2.  It's like the cooking gods knew that the first one would be a flop.  I'll be trying it again, cooking the right way, for 8-9 hours on low.  I'm expecting that those results will be better and I'll report back on the outcome.

Gym
30 minute cardio on elliptical machine
light weights

I didn't do "Shrink a Size in 14 Days" last night because I was in a hurry to get home and pack for my trip to Charlottesville, awesome boyfriend was tempting me with happy hour, and our power went out in a freakish storm.  I am fully aware that these are all excuses and am quite irritated with myself now that I'm sitting here writing about it.  I'll be starting the program over when I return to Maryland on Monday.

lots of water at work all day and with dinner

Supplements
fish oil
fiber
L-Glutamine
B complex
raspberry ketones






No comments:

Post a Comment