7/02/2012

I'm baaaaaack- kind of.

I've survived a week of camp with a wonderful group of 70 high school juniors and seniors.  We could not have asked for better weather or better people to share it with.  I was truly touched by the incredible spirit of the program, and all of the staff that volunteered a week of their time to make it happen.


>Unfortunately, due to the storms that passed through this weekend, my internet is down until further notice.  Today was my first day back at work and I haven't had time to get started on my post about camp food (the good, the bad, and the ugly- and believe me, some of it was ugly).  I'm hoping to get back to it tomorrow, Tuesday, July 3, so please stay with me!

In other news, I'm starting a Master Cleanse to hopefully get some of this sugar and bread bloat out of my body.  If you're interested in doing it with me I am currently on the first part of the Ease In Phase.  This includes cutting meat and dairy, and eating foods that have not been cooked.  We're basically talking raw fruits and veggies, plus a few nuts or seeds, people.  Normally the ease in phase only lasts three days, but I'm going to be stretching it out over a week to allow my body time to adjust.  Please email me if you have questions.  If you log your progress, I will happily include you when I do my results post at the end.  Let me again give the disclaimer that I am not a doctor.  Any major dietary changes should be discussed with a health care professional, especially if you are currently being treated for any medical conditions.


Hope to be returning soon with my overview of camp food and Master Cleanse days 1 and 2.  Please send all of your good vibes my way that the internet will be back up and running sometime soon.

Update (July 3): I am officially sick.  I have picked up a summer cold, probably from someone at camp.  Working a half day today and then heading home to try to sleep it off.  I've done some research and it is not recommended to undergo a Master Cleanse when you are under the weather.  Cleanse on hold until I am feeling better.  Hopefully this will be by Friday.  This will give all you lovely people a chance to purchase your materials, and study the instructions.  Happy shopping!

Update (July 5): Internet is back, which means regular posting will resume.  I'm still a sickie, so cleanse is still on hold until I am feeling better.

Update (July 9): Still fighting this cold, believe it or not.  At this point cleanse is on hold until next quarter.  I've been eating a higher carb diet than usual for two weeks not in preparation and I feel like crap.  Going back to induction today and we'll look into Master Cleanse in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment